National School of Public Health, Management and Professional Development, Bucharest (NSPHMPDB) is a public institution dedicated to the education of public health professionals, a process inseparably linked to the discovery and application of new knowledge, and through these activities, to the improvement of health , prevention of disease and sustainability for informed decision for policy makers.
NSPHMPDB has a wide background and tradition in providing courses on health services management and administration, and consultancy on public health institutions management.
NSPHMPDB is specialized in elaborating post-graduate training programs adapted to the specific needs of the staff working in health system and ensures their accreditation, organizing and certifying the continuous education mentioned programs. Scientific and operational research is another important area expertise for NSPHMPDB, as well as delivering documentation for consulting reports.
NSPHMPDB is specialized in elaborating post-graduate training programs in public health, administration and health services management, moreover it provides and ensures the accreditation, organizing and certifying the continuous education programs and professional development in public health and health management for health system personnel; programs that are adapted to the specific needs.
Scientific and operational research is conducted mainly at the Center for Research and Evaluation of Health Services, through the team of researchers and public health professionals, as well as through the help provided by the National Center for evidence-based medicine, an affiliate center of Joanna Briggs the Australian Institute; likewise, teams of professionals and researchers perform current activity in the other centers within the institution, in accordance with the specific field of each center.
- Training and professional development at the highest level for health system professionals
- Provide scientific evidence to support health decisions and policies
- Evaluate, implement and disseminate the research results to improve health practices
- Conduct studies and operational research to increase health system performance
- Educate and inform the population on attitudes and behaviors related to health, healthy lifestyle and raise public awareness about the importance of individual involvement in the maintenance and improvement of the general health status
- Organizational and professional development of the National School of Public Health, Management and Professional Development
- Increase the acknowledgment of the National School of Public Health, Management and Professional Development at national and international level
- Increase the financial sustainability of the institution